Six Reasons Your Heating System isn’t Working Properly
It’s getting closer to winter and many of us will start to use our heaters which we may have not turned for almost a year. The last thing any of us would want on one of those cold winter nights is to try and turn on our heater only to find it isn’t working properly. There are many reasons why your heater could not be working properly and fortunately enough, we have some tips on how to troubleshoot your heating system.
- Filter cleaning or replacements can oftentimes be something we overlook or forget, however, it can make a big difference in how well our A/C as well as our heating systems function. If you are having issues with your unit this is always a good place to start.
- Another thing to look out for is your circuit breaker. In the event that it has been tripped, just try resting it.
You can also check the calibration on your thermostat by first checking that it is set to heat and then adjusting it to up to 4 degrees above room temperature.
- If you have a gas furnace, make sure the gas line is on or check for the pilot light because either can affect your heater.
- If you have a two story home you may find upstairs being hotter than downstairs. If this is the case consider closing some of the vents upstairs so that it redirects some of the downstairs. A good thing to also consider is having a comfort specialist install a climate zone system which will direct your system to where it is needed the most.
- Another cause of an uneven distribution of heat may be that your weather strips and insulation need to be changed. Because heat rises, if there is any cold air entering through unsealed doors or windows it will most likely affect downstairs more.
You May Also Like
Keeping things cool inside your home or business during the summer months is a priority for most of us in Covington, Louisiana.… Continue Reading What Does It Mean When My AC Is Blowing Warm Air?…
There’s an increasing concern about indoor air pollution. One of the major reasons for indoor air pollution is poor ventilation, which you… Continue Reading 4 Reasons to Invest in an Air Purifier in Covington, LA…
Maintaining your Madisonville, Louisiana, heating, ventilation and air conditioning system is just like maintaining a car or any other finely crafted mechanical… Continue Reading Why You Should Consider Being a VIP Client…